Monday, August 8, 2011

Banana splits for breakfast?

My wonderful husband introduced me to a fantastic way to eat banana spits for breakfast. When we were first married my husband asked me if I had ever eaten ice cream in my oat meal. I admitted to him that I hadn't and I also thought it sounded really nasty. But he convinced me to try it and I FELL IN LOVE!!

Basically you build a banana spit on top of your oatmeal and enjoy. We have discovered that we like more fruity stuff than chocolaty flavors.

So here is how to make it. In a bowl cook up the desired amount of oatmeal. My husband and I usually cook it in the microwave. Then place your favorite flavor of ice cream-We have enjoyed cherry(it is probably our favorite actually), strawberry and mountian blueberry (cookies and cream is okay). Surprisingly even though i am a chocolate lover i didn't really like it in this. Then top with desired fruit- We love strawberries, bananas and peaches.
Then pour yourself a big glass of milk or orange juice and enjoy some good eatens!!

1 comment:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmm..........sounds like a good breakfast to me! I will have to try it :)

    ReplyDelete